View Thread
 Print Thread
doubles knock out 4th round
No1 Nugget
#1 Print Post
Posted on 14-12-2011 06:37
Must Get Out More

lee mannister chas burrows 1 v 3 neil hall tom jackman

played our game early as agreed by both partys, took the first frame 1 0 with a great finnish from us should of been 2 0 but i lost position which let the guys back in it 1 1 3rd frame was the longest as the tactical side came out as both teams wanted to take the lead which lee had a crack at the black but pulled it to much to leave me a simply black in the middle 2 1 up, the the 4th frame saw lee go in off which gave us 2 shots and we dispatch great guys hope you have a good season well played lads

quarter final here we come,
Division 2 winter league champs trophyone
division 3 and 2 summer league runner up,trophytwo
division 3 champs trophyone
division 4 summer champstrophyone
division 5 winnerstrophyone
division 5,4,3 divisional singles winner trophyone
division 5,4 secretary winnertrophyone

Viper
#2 Print Post
Posted on 14-12-2011 17:13
Must Get Out More

I will not accept this result if the match was not played at Rileys. Any matches that are listed to be played at Rileys MUST be played at Rileys and not as of where people want to play it. The League have a contractual obligation re a sponsorship agreement and this has been voted in by the membership so must be adhered to.

Chuckie
#3 Print Post
Posted on 16-12-2011 00:18

Quite The Regular

Neil, what do you think we should do?

Both Lee and I are in two minds whether or not to give a notified bye win. If the roles were reversed, would you and Tom do the same for us?

Everyone seems to be telling us to play the match again... But the moral side of things is making it a tough one to call. After all, Rileys did pay for the rights to host our match etc. But I personally think we should be able to play wherever we want!

Regards,
Charlie.
Taking my shots looking cool, my self-esteem?s growing tall.
Losing eyes this game is cruel. I do my thing playing pool.

http://www.myspace.com/whitgift
Whatapisstake
#4 Print Post
Posted on 16-12-2011 01:49

Must Get Out More

Chas u have no choice but to replay this match again as stated by mark it's Riley's that sponsor the doubles and all matches have to be played out of Suzy's so not point asking Neil it will just have to be a lesson lean't and your have to arrange a day to play it again !!!
am not sticking my acheivements down the list is too long lmao surrender

No1 Nugget
#5 Print Post
Posted on 16-12-2011 02:34
Must Get Out More

Chuckie wrote:
Neil, what do you think we should do?

Both Lee and I are in two minds whether or not to give a notified bye win. If the roles were reversed, would you and Tom do the same for us?

Everyone seems to be telling us to play the match again... But the moral side of things is making it a tough one to call. After all, Rileys did pay for the rights to host our match etc. But I personally think we should be able to play wherever we want!

Regards,
Charlie.

chas give me a call on 07595 820 280

me and tom have spoke and had a laugh about the hole thing as you guys both asked us to play the game and paul saxton didnt say anything as he was cheering you on and he is on the comittee, i personally think we won fair and square, chas i have spoken to lee and wanted to speak to you so give us a call and we will talk,

Kermy
#6 Print Post
Posted on 16-12-2011 02:57
Home From Home

A loss is a loss dont matter where its played. But both know the situation with Rileys so ull know better next time. Lee and Chas wether or not if would they do the same u lost so give them the game and walk away with your heads held high.A lesson learnt for everyone i think.

No1 Nugget
#7 Print Post
Posted on 16-12-2011 03:41
Must Get Out More

i agree mate well said

Rainbow
#8 Print Post
Posted on 16-12-2011 18:35

Quite The Regular

How about that both parties agree to re-play the match, as per agreement with Reileys, then Chas & Lee dont turn up, Neil & Tom can claim a walk over win!! Everyone happy.

butter wouldn't melt ...

Fat-Dart
#9 Print Post
Posted on 16-12-2011 21:27

FORUM ADDICT!

Rainbow wrote:
How about that both parties agree to re-play the match, as per agreement with Reileys, then Chas & Lee dont turn up, Neil & Tom can claim a walk over win!! Everyone happy.
butter wouldn't melt ...

Then Chas & Lee would get a ?10 fine each for failing to turn up.
wall

EmDee
#10 Print Post
Posted on 16-12-2011 22:02

Home From Home

Why not re-arrange the match then just report the result you have already decided. That way you get to have a free of charge knock about courtesy of Rileys. Everyone's a winner. Except Chas n' Lee of course... biglaugh

http://www.joincrash.com
Kermy
#11 Print Post
Posted on 16-12-2011 22:23
Home From Home

Look guys,this is a lesson learnt for everyone about playing your games outside of Rileys. This is the first instance of this scenario and the last if anyone takes notice,result should stand and if it happens in the future u only have yourselves to blame.

I C Cool
#12 Print Post
Posted on 17-12-2011 00:46
Quite The Regular

Good evening to ALL of the croydon pool league players.

As the sec of the Farley Loyalists i have taken this matter to the league sec(Mr Mark Halsey), His responce to the situation is that Rileys are the sponsers and there have been lenthy negotiations to agree as to how and where the matches get played out, this was agreed by a majority at a CDPL AGM and voted on by the nominated representatives(if you didnt attend or vote please refrain from commenting) of each and every pool team that plays within the league.

As the match in question was played at a different venue it has been deemed null and void by the powers that be.
In conclusion the match is to be played at Rileys as agreed by the representatives on monday 19th dec on table 12.

Mark Halsey has advised me that if this is not adhered to he will have no option other than to remove both pairings from the competition.

I hope this resolves all questions and comments on the matter.
Edited by I C Cool on 17-12-2011 00:52

sk8shaun
#13 Print Post
Posted on 17-12-2011 19:20
Getting The Hang Of It

hahahaha gutted chaz you gonna have lose again to that numpty but be careful cause if you win he might throw his pen at you!

No1 Nugget
#14 Print Post
Posted on 17-12-2011 19:26
Must Get Out More

you should be a comedianGrin and give pool a miss, who are you then,blah blah blah

sk8shaun
#15 Print Post
Posted on 17-12-2011 20:07
Getting The Hang Of It

i would but im not as funny as your pool skill sweetheart lol always wanted be up there with the big boys but you have wipe your mums milk of your lips first! please dont beat me up and make me walk home btw its sk8shaun cant you read?

No1 Nugget
#16 Print Post
Posted on 18-12-2011 04:39
Must Get Out More

sk8shaun wrote:
i would but im not as funny as your pool skill sweetheart lol always wanted be up there with the big boys but you have wipe your mums milk of your lips first! please dont beat me up and make me walk home btw its sk8shaun cant you read?

well sk8shaun that dont help me you should keep your opinions to yourself mate, you dont know anything about me never made anyone walk home or beat any one up so sk8shaun whoever you are or who ever you play for you should get your facts right about me before you start broadcasting all your crap opinions of me on a pool website,

Teach
#17 Print Post
Posted on 18-12-2011 14:57

Home From Home

Im a little confused why the obvious is not happening here! The match remains scheduled at purley way. A phone call is then made to neil and partner to say lee/chas cant make the 19th december. That makes it a notified bye win! Then the 'right' thing is done, no fines are incurred and no league rules are broken. Easy! Lol
Knockout Cup Winners 2011, 2014 trophyone

Division One Summer Champs 2011, 2012, 2015 trophyone

Viper
#18 Print Post
Posted on 18-12-2011 16:08
Must Get Out More

Comments re getting around the fact that the match was not played where it was supposed to be totally amazes me. Talk about blatantly bend the rules to substantiate what has occured just about sums up some peoples thoughts. Just concentrate people on playing it at the right place and in the spirit of what this sponsorship is about. If you don't want the sponsorship from Rileys then please let me know and I will not enter into any further discussions with them when talks resume in March to better the deal thats already in place hence me only agreeing to a one year deal at the time and not 4 years that Rileys originally wanted. If I'm gonna do my bit boy's and girl's then I think its only right that you should be doing yours. I will not be accepting any form of notified BYE win so unless that game is played tomorrow night at Rileys then both pairings will be scratched from the competition.

the flash
#19 Print Post
Posted on 18-12-2011 18:08
Quite The Regular

Actually Mark I think you may have missed a point here as well. No one disagrees that the match should have been at Rileys and a mistake has been made and the parties involved now seem to have realised that (as now everyone who has posted on here), but for what seems to be a welcome change on the site, the players involved being good sportsman want to allow the result to stand.

All that will happen now is a non event at Rileys, what is to stop the players after breaking off just potting the black to make the result is the same.

Accept the result, accept a mistake was made and move on. Everyone knows now and for any future repeats then both teams are out of the competition.

Personally I don't play in singles or doubles, but I think the idea of holding all the matches in the same venue (if sponsors have enough tables) is a good idea.
because i can

sk8shaun
#20 Print Post
Posted on 18-12-2011 18:18
Getting The Hang Of It

hahahahaha throwing your dolly out of the parm are we baby boy? ok baby boy sit on mum lap its feeding time and sk8shaun will read you a bed time story explaining what a div you are! here we go
once upon there was a baby call NEIL he was the biggest div anyone has meet through out the land. He was so stupid he couldn't understand what banter is so to save the day the all mighty hero sk8shaun came to his rescue and explain that when he said please dont beat me up he was joking as the idiot of the village couldnt beat his way out of a paper bag! also sk8shaun explains now what he meant by the walk home it is just a dig that everyone made up about some muppet!little baby boy can now settle his head and sleep ! the end! guess what your new nickname is? its the tree trunk not because you big but because your dumb as f***! lol
p.s Rileys firth road ask me to remind you to stop be as cheap as you arsenal shirt and pay your money back!

GOOD DAY!
sk8shaun
NEIL HALL = NUMPTY (a nice simple one for a simple person)

2008 neil hall numpty of the year trophyone
2009 neil hall numpty of the year trophyone
2010 neil hall numpty of the year trophyone
2011 neil hall numpty of the year trophytwo

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Danny Evans
Danny Evans
Miscellaneous
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing