View Thread
 Print Thread
doubles semi
The_Saxtonator
#21 Print Post
Posted on 01-10-2010 16:26

Super Admin

Rainbow wrote:
I don't think its your call to change the venue, Paul. Dave at the Farley has had the tables re-clothed for the end of season finals, whats the point if players are going to play where they want!

Regards
Rainbow
butter wouldn't melt ...

I have liased with Mark Halsey about this and my post was a result of this conversation

As is already stated on this thread, the doubles are not sponsored for the summer. Ideally once a venue has been advertised for a match it should not change, but on this one occasion, as the match has already been delayed, this has been permitted.

As a note it is likely that postponements will not be permitted for the semis of future competitions but I believe this is due for discussion at the next AGM

www.saxtonenterprises.com
miq
#22 Print Post
Posted on 01-10-2010 17:23

Home From Home

The_Saxtonator wrote:
As a note it is likely that postponements will not be permitted for the semis of future competitions but I believe this is due for discussion at the next AGM

I can't see how that would work, I play 5 or 6 rounds, my partner can't make the semi for whatever reason and I'm out, what's the point of entering in the first place. If this ruling was in place for the forthcoming season, the doubles semi's are on Valentine Day next year. Sorry we are not having a doubles final this year, nobody turned up for the semi's. eek2

The_Saxtonator
#23 Print Post
Posted on 01-10-2010 17:31

Super Admin

miq wrote:
The_Saxtonator wrote:

I can't see how that would work, I play 5 or 6 rounds, my partner can't make the semi for whatever reason and I'm out, what's the point of entering in the first place. If this ruling was in place for the forthcoming season, the doubles semi's are on Valentine Day next year. Sorry we are not having a doubles final this year, nobody turned up for the semi's. eek2

I agree it could be a rule that is easier said than done to implement, can be discussed at the AGM

I think Mark's view is more from the angle of people wanting to watch the match(es), going to the venue and finding the match is not on

www.saxtonenterprises.com
miq
#24 Print Post
Posted on 01-10-2010 18:06

Home From Home

Well if they want to watch an exhibition of doubles pool (probably from Metin and Tash:lolSmile they know where they need to be on Sunday.

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Danny Evans
Danny Evans
Croydon Interleague (Past)
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing