jacko266 weeks
View Thread
 Print Thread
Test Thread/Site Feedback
Burn
#21 Print Post
Posted on 05-10-2007 15:12

Quite The Regular

On Forums section on Home Page, can you make it so the Forum title takes you to that particular Forum to start a new thread? Currently you have to click Forum link to go to Forum submenu.

Another little annoyance.

Work harder boy whip

http://www.surreypool.com
Sass
#22 Print Post
Posted on 05-10-2007 16:00

FORUM ADDICT!

If you want me to read or reply to your posts while I'm at work you're going to have to change your avatar! rolling eyes

www.croydonpool.com
Burn
#23 Print Post
Posted on 05-10-2007 16:28

Quite The Regular

I'd rather keep my boobs Wink

You could always PM me on Surrey, where I am breastless big grin

Burn
#24 Print Post
Posted on 05-10-2007 16:29

Quite The Regular

Make ukhatebald smiley codes work.

whip

Sass
#25 Print Post
Posted on 05-10-2007 16:31

FORUM ADDICT!

Not till the boobs go!

www.croydonpool.com
ThePower
#26 Print Post
Posted on 05-10-2007 16:34

Must Get Out More

Div 1 Predictions:
Did the Eagles underperform last season? Or were they beaten by a better side? My opinon is the latter. The Eagles were disappointing last season. Hot Shots have the edge at the moment, and from the front end to back have a stronger squad. Its sure to be close and the opening league game of the season these two sides meet - it could set the tone for the whole season....
Prop are now labelled in most quarters as 'Croydon's third best side', and not sealing the summer league summed it up, so whether they can mount a serious challenge in the winter has to be doubted.
Drillers on paper are a top 4 side but all the talk of glory and a reborn and united front in the ranks will fade and die in the January frost along with their title aspirations.
Last seasons rookies and if I'm honest surprise package, The Rack Pack have now lost 2 key players and my feeling is it will be a battle for survival.
The Patriots have changed their team name more times than Danny Evans has change the shade of his numerous pink and yellow belts. Two new signings to note at the Patriots, Rob Gater and Graham Thompson have joined from the Prop and this will be good enough to steer them away from this seasons drop zone. Unpreds dug deep last season and did the business in the closing stages, and an encouraging summer display will see a side who is too good for all that to end up mid table and safe.
Moving across Croydon and into gay Beckenham, and talking of gay - the Coney boys. Let them talk up a top 4 finish because its so laughable. They can beat the teams they have to but you get nothing more from the Coney, no fireworks against the top sides. Its all bread and butter pool, boring boring and boring which alas will keep them inside Croydon's top 8.
As for the new boys - Cuemasters have a side good enough to stay up and if the commitment starts off right then there is no doubt they will stay up, its a done deal. Bloodhounds have the capable Chris Eden in their ranks but are going to have to dig real deep to keep in this division at the first time of asking. You need to put a performance in week in week out in Div 1, there is nowhere to hide and whilst the SAS have the passion for the task they will stuggle. SAS could not stay in what is a half strength summer league with the help of John Hoy and Mick Samuels so on paper have no chance staying up in the winter league.
The mighty Eden? Lets be honest we have always been a top 5 side and if we can find some consistency then I fancy we will have a good season. The boys are up for it and if we finish above the Hot Shots then we would have had an okay season!
Champions: Hot Shots / Runners-up: Ego's
Relegated: Rack Pack, Bloodhounds, SAS

Div 2:
A bust up between 6 sides. This looks a cracking division to be a part of and the bookies would open up with Legion as favourites who on paper have the strongest line up. But those boys from Lewisham are on a mission to make the 1st division and they are determined and pretty good too. The Warbank are close to getting themselves back in Div after 4 baron seasons and will be in the mix as will the Pond boys who were ruthlessly dumped into Div 2 by the Patriots following the first ever relegation play off match. Then there is the Pawleyne, proven as ultra consistent in the lower leagues but they will have to find more than the odd 4-3. Flying Machine have promised so much in recent years but for some reason have never delivered that final push for Div 1. London Slates appear to have burnt themselves out and the team has split ranks. The Speller's will try their luck again at getting back to Div 1 this time at the Maple Tree. Down at the Farley Stable and Croydon's theatre of dreams its all love and harmony again - The Dukes have signed a few new players (Grant Strutt being one of them) following a touch Barrygate but even so in this division must think the Dukes will start as big outsiders. Then there is the Magnum Force, another ex-Div 1 side scrubbing around looking for a return to the glory days and can Croydon legend Kenny Briant grunt his side towards promotion? The Addicts have been around for years in this division, plodding along in mid table but have some good players so why do they never deliver? The Manor are new arrivals & must surely find this all too hot for them. Its as hard to call the top 3 let alone the bottom 3. Whoever goes down from this league will be unlucky because there does not look a bad side in it.
Champions: Coach & Horses / Runners-up: Legion
3rd promotion spot: Pond Q's
Relegated: Magnum Force, London Slates, The Manor

Div 3:
Between 2 sides again. Imperials and 193's will fight out the title. Farley Loyalists may have a say about it though.
Champions: 193's / Runners-up: Imperials
Relegated: The Goodies, Royal Oak, The Ship

Div 4:
Elmer Cue Masters sound like they have assembled a reasonable team. Goodfella's if they get their act together may go close. Folly to pinch third.
Champions: Elmer Cue Masters / Runners-up: Goodfellas
Relegated: Elmer Lodgers, Goat Specials, Ruskin House

Div 5:
Lets hope the girls from Suzy's win it, but I think Potty's Cons and Addiscombe Sports will go close. Plus always the danger in the bottom league of a newcomer ripping up the league.
Champions: Floozies / Runners-up: Potty's Cons
Vauxhall Conference pool: White Horse

League Cup:
If you have to choose a 'Group of Death' it has to be my team's group (6) with 4 teams capable of winning it. Group 8 also looks pretty hot. History tells us that 70% of Div 1 teams make it through to the 2nd stage and I expect to see the same again. So 48 teams are fighting for 5 places in the last 16! The introduction of QF's is the best thing in general to this competition. Will make the 2nd phase more competitive. Too early to call the winners depends on form coming into April 2008.

K/Out Cup:
Best chance available for teams outside the top 3 to win the competition. Shorter format in what is basically a race to 4. Always been the Eden's best opportunity at silverware. We win a cup every 5 years. 1998, 2003.......... 2008 awaits.

[ This message was edited by: ThePower on 2007-10-04 12:54 ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Profile Quote Edit
? coneycueist
Croydon Pool Addict!

Posted: 2007-10-04 13:29

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Profile Quote
? Shaggy
Croydon Pool Addict!

Posted: 2007-10-04 14:18

Its the first time I have gone into a winter league with absoultely no idea who will win it. For me every team in the top 3 seem a lot weaker than before.

I am not ever sure about the state of play at Hotshots because they dont say anything on line when drunk these days, but if the Clarkes dont play, and people like Dino and Michael Brown are absent regularly then they are weaker. (Unless they sign a Wisher Breen or some other London bloke, probably unlikely but who knows.)

We are pretty much certain we havent got Jake this year, because he is unable to get regularly from work to our home venue in time to play, so we basically have a bare 8, 7 for Cup nights as I dont like Mondays!)

The Prop have lost Rob Gator, Graham Thompson from the winter and Cliff, Kyle and Rob from the summer team.

The Drillers (who the hell knows!!!)

I expect quite good things from the Brewers/Oakfield whatever they are called as they have finished the Summer strong and are only losing Danny.

I personally think if the Hotshots are playing their Summer team the Eagles will win it, if not they are certainly favourites. And 3rd downward is up for anybody to grab.

[ This message was edited by: Shaggy on 2007-10-04 16:08 ]

Profile Quote
? Berty
Croydon Pool Addict!

Posted: 2007-10-04 17:38

Gay and proud so here is the warning guys dont bend down around our table we will have ya

Profile Quote
? harry
Croydon Pool Addict!

Posted: 2007-10-04 17:54

On 2007-10-04 11:45 , ThePower Wrote:!!! QUOTE !!!
Div 1 Predictions:

Last seasons rookies and if I'm honest surprise package, The Rack Pack have now lost 2 key players and my feeling is it will be a battle for survival.

We have only lost one key player.......unless there is something you know that I don't????

-----------------
Harry time

Profile Quote
? CHALKDUST
Not too shy to talk

Posted: 2007-10-04 18:24

On 2007-10-04 11:45 , ThePower Wrote:!!! QUOTE !!!
Div 1 Predictions:
Did the Eagles underperform last season? Or were they beaten by a better side? My opinon is the latter. The Eagles were disappointing last season. Hot Shots have the edge at the moment, and from the front end to back have a stronger squad. Its sure to be close and the opening league game of the season these two sides meet - it could set the tone for the whole season....
Prop are now labelled in most quarters as 'Croydon's third best side', and not sealing the summer league summed it up, so whether they can mount a serious challenge in the winter has to be doubted.
Drillers on paper are a top 4 side but all the talk of glory and a reborn and united front in the ranks will fade and die in the January frost along with their title aspirations.
The Patriots have changed their team name more times than Danny Evans has change the shade of his numerous pink and yellow belts. Two new signings to note at the Patriots, Rob Gater and Graham Thompson have joined from the Prop and this will be good enough to steer them away from this seasons drop zone. Unpreds dug deep last season and did the business in the closing stages, and an encouraging summer display will see a side who is too good for all that to end up mid table and safe.
Moving across Croydon and into gay Beckenham, and talking of gay - the Coney boys. Let them talk up a top 4 finish because its so laughable. They can beat the teams they have to but you get nothing more from the Coney, no fireworks against the top sides. Its all bread and butter pool, boring boring and boring which alas will keep them inside Croydon's top 8.
As for the new boys - Cuemasters have a side good enough to stay up and if the commitment starts off right then there is no doubt they will stay up, its a done deal. Bloodhounds have the capable Chris Eden in their ranks but are going to have to dig real deep to keep in this division at the first time of asking. You need to put a performance in week in week out in Div 1, there is nowhere to hide and whilst the SAS have the passion for the task they will stuggle. SAS could not stay in what is a half strength summer league with the help of John Hoy and Mick Samuels so on paper have no chance staying up in the winter league.
The mighty Eden? Lets be honest we have always been a top 5 side and if we can find some consistency then I fancy we will have a good season. The boys are up for it and if we finish above the Hot Shots then we would have had an okay season!
Champions: Hot Shots / Runners-up: Ego's
Relegated: Rack Pack, Bloodhounds, SAS

Div 2:
A bust up between 6 sides. This looks a cracking division to be a part of and the bookies would open up with Legion as favourites who on paper have the strongest line up. But those boys from Lewisham are on a mission to make the 1st division and they are determined and pretty good too. The Warbank are close to getting themselves back in Div after 4 baron seasons and will be in the mix as will the Pond boys who were ruthlessly dumped into Div 2 by the Patriots following the first ever relegation play off match. Then there is the Pawleyne, proven as ultra consistent in the lower leagues but they will have to find more than the odd 4-3. Flying Machine have promised so much in recent years but for some reason have never delivered that final push for Div 1. London Slates appear to have burnt themselves out and the team has split ranks. The Speller's will try their luck again at getting back to Div 1 this time at the Maple Tree. Down at the Farley Stable and Croydon's theatre of dreams its all love and harmony again - The Dukes have signed a few new players (Grant Strutt being one of them) following a touch Barrygate but even so in this division must think the Dukes will start as big outsiders. Then there is the Magnum Force, another ex-Div 1 side scrubbing around looking for a return to the glory days and can Croydon legend Kenny Briant grunt his side towards promotion? The Addicts have been around for years in this division, plodding along in mid table but have some good players so why do they never deliver? The Manor are new arrivals & must surely find this all too hot for them. Its as hard to call the top 3 let alone the bottom 3. Whoever goes down from this league will be unlucky because there does not look a bad side in it.
Champions: Coach & Horses / Runners-up: Legion
3rd promotion spot: Pond Q's
Relegated: Magnum Force, London Slates, The Manor

Div 3:
Between 2 sides again. Imperials and 193's will fight out the title. Farley Loyalists may have a say about it though.
Champions: 193's / Runners-up: Imperials
Relegated: The Goodies, Royal Oak, The Ship

Div 4:
Elmer Cue Masters sound like they have assembled a reasonable team. Goodfella's if they get their act together may go close. Folly to pinch third.
Champions: Elmer Cue Masters / Runners-up: Goodfellas
Relegated: Elmer Lodgers, Goat Specials, Ruskin House

Div 5:
Lets hope the girls from Suzy's win it, but I think Potty's Cons and Addiscombe Sports will go close. Plus always the danger in the bottom league of a newcomer ripping up the league.
Champions: Floozies / Runners-up: Potty's Cons
Vauxhall Conference pool: White Horse

League Cup:
If you have to choose a 'Group of Death' it has to be my team's group (6) with 4 teams capable of winning it. Group 8 also looks pretty hot. History tells us that 70% of Div 1 teams make it through to the 2nd stage and I expect to see the same again. So 48 teams are fighting for 5 places in the last 16! The introduction of QF's is the best thing in general to this competition. Will make the 2nd phase more competitive. Too early to call the winners depends on form coming into April 2008.

K/Out Cup:
Best chance available for teams outside the top 3 to win the competition. Shorter format in what is basically a race to 4. Always been the Eden's best opportunity at silverware. We win a cup every 5 years. 1998, 2003.......... 2008 awaits.

Div 2 The Manor relegated ............someone needs to do their homework....................... we finished 4th in Div3 last year in a close run finish and did the double over The Coach in the process ...............we finish 2nd in Div4 summer league only beaten by the Loyalists who had to recruite Div1 players to clinch the title ...........At the end of the day we might be relegated we might not but we sure are gonna have fun doin it .............expect the unexpected

-----------------
It Aint Over ...........Till it's over!!

ThePower
#27 Print Post
Posted on 05-10-2007 16:35

Must Get Out More

Thanks Sass. All resubmitted from yesterday.

Sass
#28 Print Post
Posted on 05-10-2007 16:37

FORUM ADDICT!

Cool laughing

Try putting it in the right thread!

www.croydonpool.com
Sass
#29 Print Post
Posted on 05-10-2007 16:40

FORUM ADDICT!

Actually if you just put your first post in Berty's thread - maybe the others will re-posts theirs.

www.croydonpool.com
Burn
#30 Print Post
Posted on 05-10-2007 16:48

Quite The Regular

I'm now attempting the 8 off the brown and into the pink.

Sass
#31 Print Post
Posted on 05-10-2007 16:52

FORUM ADDICT!

Burn wrote:
On Forums section on Home Page, can you make it so the Forum title takes you to that particular Forum to start a new thread? Currently you have to click Forum link to go to Forum submenu.

Another little annoyance.

Work harder boy whip

You are mistaking him for someone who know's what he's doing! winkgrin

www.croydonpool.com
Sass
#32 Print Post
Posted on 05-10-2007 16:53

FORUM ADDICT!

Burn wrote:
Doesn't keep you logged in, at least it doesn't me... if I login, and leave it a few hours before my next visit here, session times out, and I have to login again on my return. Not a big problem, more of a minor annoyance.

moving on ...

Are you ticking the box when you login?

www.croydonpool.com
Sass
#33 Print Post
Posted on 05-10-2007 16:54

FORUM ADDICT!

Burn wrote:

whip

Why???!!!!!!!!!!!

www.croydonpool.com
Burn
#34 Print Post
Posted on 05-10-2007 16:54

Quite The Regular

Tick box, that'll be it then big grin

Thankyou, boobs back on now then?

Burn
#35 Print Post
Posted on 05-10-2007 17:00

Quite The Regular

Sass wrote:
Burn wrote:

whip

Why???!!!!!!!!!!!

Because Wink doesn't work for one.

Sass
#36 Print Post
Posted on 05-10-2007 17:08

FORUM ADDICT!

Oh ok. I've sorted it now. I was doing the smilies at silly o'clock rolling eyes

I've had a quick look at the rest and they seem ok . . .

www.croydonpool.com
Golden
#37 Print Post
Posted on 05-10-2007 20:17

FORUM ADDICT!

Thank you for the comments so far . . A lot of hard work, late nights and early mornings have gone into making what you see before you now and with your feedback it can only get better . .

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Tony Jackson
Tony Jackson
2005 CroydonPool.com Open
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing