oddball239 weeks
Knocky243 weeks
Teach247 weeks
FoxC260 weeks
cazza265 weeks
andye265 weeks
jacko265 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Winter League
 Print Thread
Division 1 - Week 22
Richie
#1 Print Post
Posted on 15-10-2014 05:26

Getting The Hang Of It

Forum A 7-4 Loyalists
As always, an interesting night at the Forum. A couple of games could have easily gone either way but not too much of a grumble from our end. Well done lads.
Oh no, not again!!!!! Shock

swear lame hitting with a chair wall eek2

jacko
#2 Print Post
Posted on 15-10-2014 05:51
Must Get Out More

Prop 3v8 Wizards sadly only 4 of us turned up tonight but we fought hard against a determined wizards who deserved the win...I managed to get 3 wins which im pretty sure wins me the individuals,only games i lost where a break dish from young luke willsher a foul black triple deflected plant potted on my first visit and some outrageous flukes in my last loss,so im obviously over the moon to win probably my last ever individual trophy and what kinda makes it very very special for me personally is as most of you know i cant make a stance now or cue properly or even see very well and on top of that have concussion and Man flu so as a gambler i know i was a massive outsider to win this...would like to give a special mention to the great Mevstar winning i believe his first ever doubles trophy,think Mr Hoy carried him drunk and to young shaggy winning the singles last night,well done guys top stuff butter wouldn't melt ...

Shaggy
#3 Print Post
Posted on 15-10-2014 06:27
Must Get Out More

Pool - Young persons game. lol..... The German will scoop the lot next year.
House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Special K
#4 Print Post
Posted on 16-10-2014 17:30
Must Get Out More

Jacko violin
Back to back singles winner, croydon's number 1, Farley open champ that's all butter wouldn't melt ...

Pondlife
#5 Print Post
Posted on 16-10-2014 19:53

Must Get Out More

We must all be truly thankful. Despite all his perceived and actual physical problems, Jacko still has a perfect hand and mouth which enables him to consistently hold and blow his own trumpet. Praise be to the Lord.

jacko
#6 Print Post
Posted on 17-10-2014 05:55
Must Get Out More

Maybe Pat, just very proud of myself achieving such things these days,when I was fit I expected to win everything so whatever I won it weren't no big surprise to me as I had a fair chance from the start but now it's a big struggle n I'm an outsider for a trophy n have to graft my nuts off just to play average so forgive me if I was a tad excited about it...butter wouldn't melt ...

jacko
#7 Print Post
Posted on 18-10-2014 03:39
Must Get Out More

Only you Ricky,take your tongue out of hughies behind just for 1minute please,I have not claimed any games mate so please don't try n tarnish my achievement, I could ov changed my position to avoid playing Joel at 5 where we have played each other many times but I stayed 5th as I'm not gonna change my position to swerve good players n I ended up getting a bye,maybe it's karma...I wonder why you feel the need to constantly disrespect all the players who play down the order is beyond me when in fact iv played a lot of top players in 5th and I play 1st in 2nd set and 11th many times and hit the same percentages in those games hench making no difference to my win ratio...you blurt your nonsense without knowing the facts as usual..I don't mind playing 1st if you fancy starting the match at 9pm..how many of these O so great number 1s broke dished or 1st visit dished hughie (can't b many if any as he won a lot of his frames) potters play in early order n just because you can pot a good ball don't make you the best player or didn't you realise that, n just for record mate my personal record against flairy players is better than against others as if they don't clear up its easier for me to fudge em up n tactically out do them as tactical play is not normally there strong suit,your not thinking again are you Ricky,thought now hughie as started trying to teach you how to play an all round game that you might understand the best potters ain't necessarily the best all round players same as the longest hitter ova golf ain't always the best golfer...wow ain't even started the winter league n he's off already, summer league was fun without your constant digs n we done well, apart from the ko cup final when you kindly helped us(lose) butter wouldn't melt ...

Teach
#8 Print Post
Posted on 18-10-2014 14:28

Home From Home

To be fair to Jacko, someone has to play number 5 and quite a few teams put a strong player there as it obviously determines the result of the first set. If he was asked to play 4th and refused, then that is wrong but for me it's more of an insult to the player who usually plays 4th if they are asked to step aside.
However, I do want to just give a little more background to Jacko's last 1st set defeat. I did have a fluke at the end of the game, but that was after he had missed the black 3 times (if I remember rightly). Surely a player of his calibre would feel they deserved to lose after performing like that.
Aside from that, it's a very good achievement - well done
Knockout Cup Winners 2011, 2014 trophyone

Division One Summer Champs 2011, 2012, 2015 trophyone

A King Disher
#9 Print Post
Posted on 18-10-2014 18:59
Home From Home

EGO's are roaring !!!!!!!!!
Sounding like F1 engines warming up lol

I guess it must be winter.
Yep ... It is winter, bring on the winter league.

Good luck to all of you.

And especially to those Unpredictable Predators. Grrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!!!!!

Special K
#10 Print Post
Posted on 18-10-2014 20:03
Must Get Out More

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssss!!! I've fooking missed this!! Jacko surly u ain't done that have you opted out to go 5th to secure the div singles that's bad mate something to add to the banter list..... Plz bite tone hugs
Back to back singles winner, croydon's number 1, Farley open champ that's all butter wouldn't melt ...

jacko
#11 Print Post
Posted on 18-10-2014 20:33
Must Get Out More

Teach twice they were almost touching balls n the other was a snooker?... I was not even there for the start of the 4th frame so shut the fck up,also iv come from the hospital n played when others av bad backs n don't turn up, so whose the team player? Idiots

Special K
#12 Print Post
Posted on 19-10-2014 00:54
Must Get Out More

Tbh, if his played 5th all season then there's no argument but if he switched it to win it then it's a case of melting like a Mars bar in piping hot sun

nuttmeg
#13 Print Post
Posted on 19-10-2014 06:17
Home From Home

I can't talk, in the second of my 1st div winter league individuals titles, in the last game I changed the order so I played old Pat Redmond. Hardest game of my life the git forced two reracks and the game went on for over an hour. I f only I had known Jacko had lost that night and I didn't need to win I would have had an easy night.

jacko
#14 Print Post
Posted on 19-10-2014 06:49
Must Get Out More

yea always play 5th in current format n back in the day when we had 7 frame format i played 3rd,the theory bein middle ov the match can change momentum,same as i quiet often play 6th aswel so hopefully if i win both it can give us momentum on the run in,but unfortunately some people need to get a life n stop being so jealous,constant digs at team mates is bolox...makes it hard to play in the same team,prop loses yet another player,i dont understand what these people think there achieving starting trouble 24/7 the fcking season aint even started n the sos as started,madness...

Special K
#15 Print Post
Posted on 19-10-2014 16:07
Must Get Out More

Then u deserve it well done.

TheProf
#16 Print Post
Posted on 22-10-2014 07:57
Quite The Regular

Only just caught up on this thread.

Just want to put the record straight, that Jacko played number 5 for 'The Prop' all summer season, and there was nothing pre-ordaned on the one occasion a team turned up with only 4 players.

Too much bitching about those that win things, and not enough praise to those who actually achieve things.

Congratulations to Jacko for deserved Divisional Win. drunk

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Mark Stallard
Mark Stallard
Miscellaneous
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing