oddball239 weeks
Knocky243 weeks
Teach247 weeks
FoxC260 weeks
cazza265 weeks
andye265 weeks
jacko265 weeks
View Thread
CroydonPool.com - The CDPL Online Community :: Croydon & District Pool League :: Summer League
 Print Thread
Div 1 week 20
jacko
#41 Print Post
Posted on 25-09-2015 18:27
Must Get Out More

Come on butter wouldn't melt ...

Greckos
#42 Print Post
Posted on 25-09-2015 18:31
Just Popping In

As the time has now been confirmed, i'll rescind my previous post - sorry Jacko Smile

AndyT
#43 Print Post
Posted on 26-09-2015 01:41
Quite The Regular

Like I said.. I dropped Tony off before 8.45.. Hate to say I told you so

lame
Still Rollin' Back The Years..

jacko
#44 Print Post
Posted on 26-09-2015 02:39
Must Get Out More

Thank you nick,nice of you to say that butter wouldn't melt ...

jacko
#45 Print Post
Posted on 26-09-2015 20:07
Must Get Out More

Would it be correct to assume that the wizards refusal to play the match may now be deemed as a forfeit n as such the automatic relegation we were facing will now actually be given to them? n we would get an 9.2 or 11.0 win n should martin n chris be removed from the committee for misconduct n unsporting behaviour....OMG the irony is killing me,they may of actually relegated themselves band playing ,my ribs hurt butter wouldn't melt ...

mayweatherbrindle
#46 Print Post
Posted on 26-09-2015 21:13
Home From Home

No...I think you will find I told all u lot that Andy lol.....but no one would go on my word though 8-/ so now that the wizards were -1 bang out of order for claiming....2 that they were wrong about the times.even though they were adiment that it was after 8.45 so 3 I take it that the wizards will now be relegated for claiming a game and not playing the game as it should of been played and claimed through illegal activity.can any one clarify this.because the wizards are so fixed at playing by the rules that they will be happy to stick by them and be relegated?????
Im croydons no 1....even when i lose i win-NEIL HALL
trophyone

mayweatherbrindle
#47 Print Post
Posted on 26-09-2015 21:13
Home From Home

No...I think you will find I told all u lot that Andy lol.....but no one would go on my word though 8-/ so now that the wizards were -1 bang out of order for claiming....2 that they were wrong about the times.even though they were adiment that it was after 8.45 so 3 I take it that the wizards will now be relegated for claiming a game and not playing the game as it should of been played and claimed through illegal activity.can any one clarify this.because the wizards are so fixed at playing by the rules that they will be happy to stick by them and be relegated?????
Im croydons no 1....even when i lose i win-NEIL HALL
trophyone

TheProf
#48 Print Post
Posted on 28-09-2015 04:00
Quite The Regular

After a lot of thought, I've reconsidered my position and I won't stop playing in Croydon League.......... I'm realising that it is the minority within the league who want to claim games rather than play, and it would be wrong to stop playing because of the minority........ The majority of individuals within the league understand when teams are struggling to get players to venues and make allowances, because it is the sporting thing to do...... What upsets me most is when individuals are looking to claim frames as soon as you walk in the venue, even when they know there are players on their way, and that's much worse an attitude than someone turning up late...... Having said that, there have been some very good attitudes from opposing teams and captains/secretaries this year...... My view is that frames should only be claimed as a last resort, and the general league rules should be used as a guide to support a sporting approach, rather than taking everything as an absolute line in the sand....... The only rules that should never ever be compromised are the playing rules........ Last Tuesday, The Wizards refused to play the match, knowing that we had sufficient players coming, but chose to ignore that fact and try to apply a general rule related to attendance to time, basically not only to nick frames, but also claim the match. That behaviour was frankly not sporting in my opinion, so what's the ruling on that ?
Edited by TheProf on 28-09-2015 04:02

nuttmeg
#49 Print Post
Posted on 28-09-2015 18:11
Home From Home

I could be wrong, but when the summer league was originally started it was called the gentlemen summer league, with a mind to fair play more so than the winter league.
rematch,rematch,rematch.

Brooker
#50 Print Post
Posted on 28-09-2015 18:58
Home From Home

Rematch ?

Wizards 3 - 8 193's

Wizards were well within their rights to claim the first 3 frames, but not the match

So 193's would be within their rights to claim the remaining 8 frames.

Rules is rules is rules is rules.

Live by the sword...............

I am joking by the way, rematch is the best solution.

(Claim the 8 frames lads)
I would rather be playing golf

Special K
#51 Print Post
Posted on 28-09-2015 19:21
Must Get Out More

I haven't even read this but I see nearly 50 comments Mr jack has to be involved surly butter wouldn't melt ...
Back to back singles winner, croydon's number 1, Farley open champ that's all butter wouldn't melt ...

Special K
#52 Print Post
Posted on 28-09-2015 19:41
Must Get Out More

Rite read the lot ill add my penny's worth

Of Andy told Chris he was running late and Chris was sweet with this and they had 3 there by 8.45 why on earth is a game being claimed shocking! It happend to the better halfs by a team that I don't want to name but similar circumstances we was running late they was made aware but decided to claim 3-0 in a cup tie first to 5 I personally wud rather eat wood and stick pins in my eyes than claim frames/game it's a pool night people have life's and reasons yes we all are competitive and all wanna win but to claim walk overs is a liberty having said that Mr Jackson your always late mate games start at 8.15 you do it week in and week out its simple get there on time san everybody else does I no u fin work at reasonable times so there only so many excuses you can use.... I don't agree with claiming stuff and never will but you don't help yourself sometimes mate.nowink
Back to back singles winner, croydon's number 1, Farley open champ that's all butter wouldn't melt ...

Viper
#53 Print Post
Posted on 28-09-2015 19:45
Must Get Out More

TheProf wrote:
After a lot of thought, I've reconsidered my position and I won't stop playing in Croydon League.......... I'm realising that it is the minority within the league who want to claim games rather than play, and it would be wrong to stop playing because of the minority........ The majority of individuals within the league understand when teams are struggling to get players to venues and make allowances, because it is the sporting thing to do...... What upsets me most is when individuals are looking to claim frames as soon as you walk in the venue, even when they know there are players on their way, and that's much worse an attitude than someone turning up late...... Having said that, there have been some very good attitudes from opposing teams and captains/secretaries this year...... My view is that frames should only be claimed as a last resort, and the general league rules should be used as a guide to support a sporting approach, rather than taking everything as an absolute line in the sand....... The only rules that should never ever be compromised are the playing rules........ Last Tuesday, The Wizards refused to play the match, knowing that we had sufficient players coming, but chose to ignore that fact and try to apply a general rule related to attendance to time, basically not only to nick frames, but also claim the match. That behaviour was frankly not sporting in my opinion, so what's the ruling on that ?

Its good you have had a re-think Graham as I do understand your frustrations and what you have said here in lamens terms is more or less right. The ruling that everyone is waiting for to resolve this will be determined on Wednesday night at a committee meeting (with Chris & Martin obviously being abstained) with representatives from both The Wizards & Frames 193's being in attendance.

qwerty
#54 Print Post
Posted on 28-09-2015 23:46
Home From Home

I think its a bit of a poor show that everyone is on here airing their opinions (which they are entitled to do) other than the two committee members that seemed to have caused all of this. Seem to be hiding if you ask me.
WHY SO SERIOUS?

jacko
#55 Print Post
Posted on 01-10-2015 05:37
Must Get Out More

Just to let everyone know the committee have overturned the wizards 11.0 walk over win n given us a 9.2 win as the wizards were entitled to claim the first two frames but then forfeited the match by refusing to play us there after... I'm happy with the outcome n if our team agrees maybe actually play the match now?butter wouldn't melt ...

Knocky
#56 Print Post
Posted on 01-10-2015 13:53
Must Get Out More

Good outcome.and i hear tony turned up on time tuesday lol
summer champs 2008trophyone
div 1 individual winner 2008trophyone
and knockout cup winners 2008 trophyone
croydon singles league iv prem winnertrophyone
plus league cup winners 2011,2012.2014trophyone
plus ko cup plate winners 2011 trophyone summer doubles winners 2010trophyonewinter league champs 2017trophyone
and lots of runner up trophys which have been given to local schools.

andye
#57 Print Post
Posted on 06-10-2015 14:36

Home From Home

So jacko arrived at the club 8.43 but he certainly wouldn't have made it up the stairs. Put his eye drops in. Got his cue out and stretched his tennis elbow ready for a coin toss at 8.45

jacko
#58 Print Post
Posted on 06-10-2015 19:02
Must Get Out More

Twas touch n go Grin luckily they hadn't even racked the balls so my physio had plenty of time to massage me thoroughly butter wouldn't melt ...

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Shane St. Romaine
Shane St. Romaine
2008 Scotch Doubles Open
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing