jacko265 weeks
View Thread
 Print Thread
Doubles semi final
jacko
#1 Print Post
Posted on 18-08-2015 06:14
Must Get Out More

German&Jacko 0v3 Mev&John.... Hilarious state of affairs tonight NOT, after gifting them the first frame when in a world rules scenario we were very much in it if not favourites we then dish the second only to miss towards the end but still favourites for the frame,then we have easily won the frame after a deliberate foul by mev gives us a foul snooker, unfortunately it's not agreed so we ask mark h to make the decision n he says it's not a fail snooker when everyone in the club knows it is apart from our opponents n mick o d n mark h,sometimes mistakes happen but something so obvious is hard to take as I truly believed we were gonna not only win that frame but the match,apparently John hoy offered us the fail snooker but only if we gave them the first two frames as I was late which would give them the match,very gracious offer John...I said to German I wanted to take them up on that offer as I would rather lose by the rules than let this ridiculous call stand,but also the rules are we should abide by a refs call even if it's wrong, we obviously lost that frame we could not win after the wrong call was made n then just slapped balls around to lose the last as had no will to win left..I truly believe there was no cheating going on it was just a simple mistake by the guys involved but still a painful 1 as everybody else knew it was a foul snooker n I'm talking about some of the best county players around n a Surrey player,shame this as tarnished the night but like I said I do not believe that it was done to deliberately cheat it was just a mistake... Would be nice if our leader n everyone playing this game understood the rules n geometry a little better but such is life,good luck to everyone in the final, we live n learn,hopefully butter wouldn't melt ...
Edited by jacko on 18-08-2015 06:18

Shaggy
#2 Print Post
Posted on 18-08-2015 17:53
Must Get Out More

from the pictures I have seen (although sometimes a camera does lie) it looks like a fouls snooker by around 1/8 of a ball. If the white ended up on the left hand side of the table, maybe even the middle of the table it wouldn;t be.

The only doubt I would have had would be whether the cusion interened with the line to the red, because if thats the case, then you would in principal be able to hit the most extreme edge available of the ball. It doesn't look like this is the case though from the photo though.

One future thing though Jacko, its not a dish if you miss along the way - thats the law!!!
Edited by Shaggy on 18-08-2015 18:11
House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

andye
#3 Print Post
Posted on 19-08-2015 16:42

Home From Home

it's not a foul snooker if you hold your cue at 45°

Jump to Forum:
Login
Username

Password

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.
Random Photo
Francois Tertullien
Francois Tertullien
Charity Challenge Match 2005
Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12/04/2022
chasing a chicken

06/01/2022
violin

08/11/2021
fishing for a bite

14/02/2018
boooommmmm

15/01/2018
Congratulations TO LUKE WILSHER STEVE DEEGAN Both making it into the, 2018 Surrey county squad Sunday applause dancing dancing